Senior Programmer / Analyst : Career Opportunity
OnHand Schools (OHS) is looking for an experienced Programmer/Analyst to help with the development and maintenance of their flagship product EdInsight. In this role, you will take ownership of several modules within EdInsight. For those modules, you will be responsible for defining and developing new features, supporting legacy code, fixing bugs, and providing level 3 support. To assist you, there will be up to two other programmers working under your direction.
- Use your knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, and SQL to build and maintain web applications.
- Gradually take ownership of several EdInsight modules.
- Direct up to two other programmers. This will include writing clear, detailed specifications and doing testing of their work.
- Work with customers and colleagues of varying technical backgrounds to define, design, and implement new features.
- Keep internal staff updated on upcoming features
- Provide level 3 support for the specific EdInsight modules for which you are responsible.
Ideally You Should:
- Have 3 or more years of professional experience
- Be able to write, debug, and optimize complex SQL queries
- Have excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Have a knack for getting to the root of customer needs and producing software that solves those needs
- Have an eye for simple, easy-to-use user interfaces
- Be able to manage, prioritize, and delegate requests coming from multiple sources
As a Bonus You:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Are familiar with K-12 education
- Have experience working with offsite developers
- Are familiar with Telerik’s ASP.NET controls
OHS is a growing Pittsburgh based company that provides its software, training, and consulting services to school districts throughout the United States and has a strong presence in Pennsylvania school districts. OHS offers a competitive salary and opportunity for advancement. OHS provides insurance and a 401(k) program with matching company contributions.
Please use the form below to notify OnHand Schools of your interest in this position.